Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2012 23:10:10 -0500
From:      Richard Morse <pukku@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RealTek 8188CE NDIS panic

Hi! I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a Lenovo ThinkPad X120e. The wifi card is a RealTek 8188CE, which is not supported by any of the standard drivers. I have tried to use the `ndisgen` utility with the Windows XP driver files, but whenever I try to `kldload` the generated .ko file, I get a kernel panic.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I should proceed? I'd really like to use FreeBSD for this, rather than going over to a Linux variant, but I do need the WiFi to work...

Thanks,
Ricky