Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:06:31 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andy Chan <mailme@andychan.info>
Subject:   Re: Xt library

On Monday 16 February 2004 09:31 pm, Andy Chan wrote:
> Dear Sir;
>
>     I am new to FreeBSD. I am using FreeBSD 4.7 as a web server and I
> am having a problem during the installation of ImageMagick 6.0
>
>     I have email to ImageMagick who told me that I need the Xt
> library.
>
>     /usr/X11R6/lib/libdps.so: undefined reference to `XtMalloc'
>     /usr/X11R6/lib/libdps.so: undefined reference to
> `XtSetEventDispatcher'
>
>     Would you please kindly advise how to obtain these library? How
> may I installed the libraries? I am sorry that I am new in BSD,
> please kindly advise in details.
>
>     Thanks for your kindly assistance.

You are trying to bypass the port system and use a developers-beta. You
really should use FreeBSD's port system, which has ImageMagic-5.5.7 in
it. Then, you will have access to the proper version of
XFree86-libaries.

Questions like this should be asked in -questions or in -ports. You
don't have a FreeBSD documentation problem :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA