Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:38:33 +0200
From:      "Mauro Allegrini" <mauro@intercom.it>
To:        "Roman Katsnelson" <romank@graphnet.com>, "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   R: Wow!

>in Linux there was a feature which was helpful with long filenames:
>as you typed a filename, you could hit <Tab> and if what you've already
>typed was unique, it would finish the name for you. Any equivalence in
>FreeBSD?

I myself was a Linux fan(atic) (well,actually I have both OSes on my HD, so
I haven't given up ,yet).

Your problem is not BSD but the shell you use. In fact under Linux the
default shell is bash while under FBSD it is csh.
Simply get it from the ports collection under /usr/ports/shells and you will
feel at home with bash ;-)

Hope this helps,
Mauro