Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:53:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        pgpkeys@pgpkeys.net (David D.W. Downey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial Distribution?

> Personally I see nothing wrong with top posting since if you have any
> involvement with the thread you've been reading, along with the fact that
> timestamps make chronological ordering easier. However, so as to not offend
> the Tikki god, or the resident Stick Wavers, I shall endeavor to bottom
> post.

It has nothing to do with your mythical religious dogmas.
Top-posting is quite irritating in any situation where the
question is at all complex - has more than one sentence.
It makes the thread more difficult to follow and tends to
lead to the thread getting lost and the discussion drifting
on to unrelated things and even flames rather thanhandling
the problem.

////jerry