Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:17:42 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?R3VzdGF1IFDDqXJleg==?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?Um9nZXIgUGF1IE1vbm7DqQ==?= <royger@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD XEN <freebsd-xen@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Again with L5520

On 23/04/2015 12:02, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Hello,
>
> El 23/04/15 a les 11.54, Gustau Pérez ha escrit:
>>   Hello,
>>
>>   I'm trying to recap the patches needed to work with the L5520 box I
>> have here at $work. Checking the mailing I'd say two patches [1], [2]
> You can drop patch 2, patch 1 already fixes the issue in a proper way,
> patch 2 was just a workaround.

   Thanks. I'd like to poke bapt about patch1 to integrate it in
emulators/xen-kernel.

>> are needed for xen kernel to work with that box, also a bit of tweaking
>> is needed for the cmdline.
>>
>>    I applying those two patches over the xen code allows the machine to
>> boot. I see the xen kernel load the dom0 kernel and I see no interrupt
>> problems. However, I'm not able to start any domain because of
>> permission denied problems:
> Can you paste the full boot log of the box (including Xen and FreeBSD)?
> Also, are you using the same version for the Xen kernel and the Xen
> tools (were both installed using the same exact revision)?

   The tools were from the port and the xen from the last git revision.
Compiling the tools from the git repo solved the issue. I'll try to
patch the port with patch1 and see if that works.

   Thank you and sorry for the noise,

   Gustau