Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 21:41:56 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        "Justin C. Sherrill" <jsherri1@rochester.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: deleted /var contents

Hi,

If you have got access to the distribution, you can maybe do this.

cd /cdrom/bin
cat bin.?? | tar tzvf - var/

You might to check some of the others as well. (info, dict, doc, compat* etc.)
Since it is trashed, maybe extract the ones from the archives.

Regards
Willem Brown

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 03:34:52PM -0400, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> While trying to expand /var, I ended up deleting everything in it.
>
> Is there a way I can reassemble a "default" /var directory?

 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

Indecision is the basis for flexibility.