Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 12:56:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP update...  1 minor problem left.

I appreciate the advice I received.  I got my box working with SMP and
the 1.2.4 DPT driver.

Seems to purr along just fine.

Consolidating all cards on the primary PCI slots seems to have corrected
the problem, although it is disappointing that I'm unable to use half of
my available PCI slots (it has 6 PCI and 6 EISA).

The video is onboard, so I can't move it to the secondary slots.

Anyway, it seems to run great.  I'm going to pop in 2 more CPU's and see
how it runs with 4.

I am getting the occasional panic when using sysinstall to newfs the DPT
drive, but if I use manual newfs it's fine.

It panics with a lockmgr problem.  I'm locking myself or somesuch.

To Recap...  A Digital ZX6000 MP/2, 2 P6-200's, 512kb cache.  256MB RAM,
DPT PM3334UW RAID card, 2940UW, Jaz, 7 4GB Seagate's.  fxp0 ethernet.

The only weird problem is that I lose my network.  ifconfig shows it up,
no errors appear on the console, ifconfig down/up doesn't fix it, but a
constant ping every second in the background keeps it running fine.

Very weird.  If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.