Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:11:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Pete Carah <pete@nntp1.interworld.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Matlab and FlexLM

In article <199902151557.PAA57730@mescalero.asd1.rl.ac.uk> you write:

>I successfully use a local license manager (matlab and IDL) with
>both matlab and IDL under
> FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #1: Tue Jan  5 10:50:26 GMT 1999
>
>FWIW, there's some limited discussion of this issue in the freebsd-emulation
>mailing list (at the moment). Although, it's not clear that the problem has
>been solved for the original poster.

I had the same problem on a 3.1-STABLE last week; we finally replaced that
load with 2.2.8-STABLE with good results.  The mystery is that the
customer's program died with that error message but Acrobat works just
fine...  Can't be a basic config problem; it is more subtle.

(error message was: /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found).
The fact that the compat/linux shows up in the path indicates to
me that the system did recognize that this program was a linux
module since the ld.so string in the program doesn't have that part,
so I'd suspect that 'brandlinux' isn't the answer.

I can't find out, unfortunately, on just what kind of linux the
non-working and working programs were linked on.  Both used libc5,
but also some other libs.  (maybe someone here can find out from
Adobe what the 3.01 linux version was compiled/linked on...)  Unfortunately
our customer can't find out that info from their vendor.  Note that
both programs run great in 2.2.8.

-- Pete