Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:42:08 +0300
From:      Remme <adscomplex@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help needed with possible kernel memory leak (FreeBSD 9.0 Release)

Hi All,

Please help to solve a kernel memory leak problem.
After few weeks searching forums and googling any help is welcome.

Here is the problem description:
We are installed the latest 9.0 FreeBSD with all recent patches.
Ports tree is also up to date.
Host running a nginx, php-fpm, memcached, mysqld, sphinxsearch.
Two WD HDD is gmirrored (each partition).
Also we are using a small ssd for nginx cache and mysql databases.
8 GB RAM.

We have always growing active memory till kernel panic.
(it's takes about 2 weeks till memory leak kills host)

According to top - active memory is always growing but sum of all processes
memory is stable about 3.5 Gb.
So looks like kernel slowly eating all our memory

Please visit
to get datailed information about this problem.

Thank you,
Remme.