Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:08:11 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Scott Pilz <tech@squid.tznet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crypto Question

--d01dLTUuW90fS44H

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 11:58:18AM -0600, Scott Pilz wrote:
> Please CC to tech@squid.tznet.com, thanks.
>=20
> I have two CD's: Extras Cd, and Installation CD, FreeBSD 4.0, from Cheap*=
Bytes. When installing FreeBSD, it asks me if I wish to use DES (limited wi=
thin the US).. I choose yes-- no matter how many times I try, I get this er=
ror:
>=20
> "failed to find crypto/crypto.aa on this media."

The CheapBytes CD evidently doesn't include the crypto stuff.  Too bad
you didn't buy the BSDi (Walnut Creek) distribution, which includes it
:-)

> I do not know where to download it from (...?) .. I require DES
> encryption due to a SUNOS box that is running it (they must be
> compatible).

You can download it from the usual website mirrors - it might be
easier at this point to do an FTP installation, or FTP down the files
and store them locally.  See the handbook for how to install like
this.

Kris

--d01dLTUuW90fS44H

--d01dLTUuW90fS44H--