Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:26:14 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        postmaster@minjust.gov.ua, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Tecra 8000 internal modem trouble.

--==_Exmh_1026423352P

> On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Igor Karpov wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to make FreeBSD 4.6.2 to use internal modem on Toshiba Tecra 8000
> > - with no success yet.
>
> > I'm not sure that this modem is supported with ltmdm-1.4 (from
> > ports). However, this modem is working under W2K.
>
> It's been made to work under Linux.  However, the ltmdm port doesn't
> seem to support it.  I've corresponded with the author, Kiyoshi Watanabe
> (my apologies if I have the name backwards).  There is an alpha version
> of an update, but it did not seem to recognize the modem, either.
>
> I'm somewhat hampered by not knowing what it would do if it *did*
> recognize the modem.  I think on detecting the modem it would show a
> dmesg-like message about the modem.

Yes, exactly. On boot, I get this when the device is first probed:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x11c1, dev=0x045c) at 11.1 irq 10

And then the ltmdm port gives this output in dmesg (in bright on the
console) when it attaches:

ltmdm0: <Lucent Winmodem> port 0x1470-0x1477 mem 0xf4003000-0xf4003fff
irq 10 at device 11.1 on pci0
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A

And then using /dev/cual0 Just Works.

> The good news is that disabling the modem frees another irq, so you can
> have two PC cards at the same time...

Hmm. Maybe I missed something on this thread? A lot of my devices share
the PC card interrupt, and they all seem to work fine.

In fact, when my laptop is docked, the following devices all share irq
10:

	pcic0
	pcic1
	fxp0
	atapci1 (2ndary hard disk controller in the dock)
	sym0	(SCSI controller in the dock)
	pci1	(ATI graphics)
	uhc0	(USB controller)
	ltmdm0