Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 04:00:55 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Tom Greenwalt <tomg@trancer.trancer.com>
Cc:        Dan Peterson <danp@danp.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS Question

Tom Greenwalt <tomg@trancer.trancer.com> wrote:
> > > Would someone explain what is happening?
> >
> > It's hard to say without real data. The information you're talking about is
> > already public; why not tell us what the actual domain name is so we can
> > diagnose the problem?
> >

> Ok, sorry I thought I was asking something generic.
> The domain is question is 'zubenubi.com' IP address prior to Sept 4th
> was 63.226.154.250, on Sept 4th it was changed to 65.29.61.202.

If I use host with one of the NS entries of the domain I get the updated
address of wm.zubenubi.com:

	$ host -t ns zubenubi.com
	zubenubi.com name server ns2.gofast.net
	zubenubi.com name server ns.trancer.com

	$ host wm.zubenubi.com ns.trancer.com
	wm.zubenubi.com has address 65.29.61.202

	$ host wm.zubenubi.com ns2.gofast.net
	wm.zubenubi.com has address 65.29.61.202

But all the name-servers responsible for com. have the cached IP address of
wm.zubenubi.com as shown by the command:

    $ for ns in `dig com. ns | grep 'IN A' | awk '{print $1}' ` ;do \
          host wm.zubenubi.com $ns ;\
      done

Can we see the zone file, please?

-giorgos