Date:      Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:43:19 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Jerry Lei <tylei@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount addtional cdrom

Your /etc/fstab lines cited below have typos/'bad syntax'. The 'no, noauto'
should be 'ro,noauto', for read-only and don't mount at boot.  You can also
check to see if you have the acd1* entries in your /dev directory.  You can
'wire down' acd0 and acd1 to be specific drives, instead of allowing FreeBSD to
pick via the probe order, but you would need to re-compile your kernel.  Check
out the /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT file for clues on how to write a kernel
config file to do this.

You should tell the list readers exactly what error messages you are getting
when you try to mount acd1c.  Otherwise, it's hard to figure the problem out.

--
PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware