Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:08:14 -0700
From:      Dave Peacock <dave@sackheads.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   /stand/sysinstall not upgraded during 4.4 binary upgrade

Hey,

Little quirk here.

Short version:

sysinstall was not upgraded during 4.4 binary upgrade

Longer version:

I performed a binary upgrade via FTP - all worked fine.

I removed the contents of my /usr/src tree to clear out, and installed
via sysinstall the kernel source package so that I could roll a custom
kernel. Once I compiled and rebooted, I noticed the kernel thought it was
4.3.

This was obviously not right so I verified that sysinstall was grabbing
the correct tree by removing the 4.3-RELEASE tree on my local FTP mirror.
When I ran sysinstall and tried to install the kernel source package
for a second time, I got an error specifying that 4.3-RELEASE couldn't be
found.

So...

1) Any idea why sysinstall didn't upgrade itself?

2) What is the easiest way to upgrade it?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Peacock - dave@sackheads.org