Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:47:01 -0600
From:      Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lucent winmodem on A7V board vs. FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE

[This message has also been posted.]

         Can I make this Lucent/Agere winmodem work on FreeBSD
         4.7-RELEASE?

         The 4.7 kernel identifies this as:

         pci0: <unknown card> (vendor 0x11c1, dev 0x48c) at 10.0

         when I tell the BIOS that I have a pnp-unaware OS, it sticks
         it on irq 5 and irq 5 gets appended to the above.

         I installed ltmdm from the comms ports, but this doesn't
         seem to help.  Or perhaps I have no idea where to look for
         the modem.

         Any insights appreciated.

--
Lars Eighner -finger for geek code-  eighner@io.com http://www.io.com/~eighner/
       My opinions might have changed, but not the fact that I am right.