Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2012 23:36:47 +0100
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuration problem with IPv6 router ("cannot forward src")

I'm trying to set up a IPv6 router (running -current) on my home
network. My ISP gives me a /128 via PPP and I have a /48 allocation,
which I use to give em0 and tun0 public addresses in different subnets
(tun0 is assigned the address via ppp.linkup).
I've added all the IPv6 settings to rc.conf (ipv6_gateway_enable,
ipv6_network_interfaces, rtadvd_enable etc.) and I can ping IPv6 sites
from the router.

The problem is that rtadvd continues advertising the default gateway as
tun0's link-local address - and pinging from a machine on the network
results in "cannot forward src" messages on the router (strangely,
despite hisaddr being fe80::205:... in ppp.log, the kernel logs the
address as fe80:f::205:...).

Is there some extra configuration I've likely missed that's needed when
using IPv6 via PPP?

--
Bruce Cran