Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:30:39 -0500
From:      "Ismael ...." <ismaelpsp@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Subjection to gain and keep desktop users

hi=2C
Since I didn't find a list in the which I could post my complains=2C
I shall write down here my complains about not being able to
install freebsd but in the form of subjections:

1 - Make it freebsd installable in a logical (precreated?) partition.
I'm not the fist not the last that has wanted to install freebsd in a
logical partition within a extended with no look.

2 - Improve the installer
An alternative graphical installer would be nice

2.1 - if not=2C at least=2C mabe make the partition and define the mount
point in the same place

2.2 - add one of the options xfce-user=2C gnome-user and/or kde-user
to the installer after (or bebore?) x-user and write the apropiate
config to automatically launch [X=2CG=2CK]DM.

I'm sure mos of you remember that one of the complains about
GNU/linux used to be how hard it was to install=2C some of they have
done a great job improving the installer and that's helped the
system to gain popularity.

For now=2C I'll have to install freebsd in a VM=2C but I'm saving those
12G hopping to install it there in the near future.

You should really consider that unless you don't mind newbies
prefering your fork pcbsd instead=2C thought I don't think it
supports installing in a logical partition anyway.

Regards=2C and keep the good work.
Los mejores conciertos en exclusiva por MSN in concert
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=3Des-mx=