Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:52:34 -0500
From:      Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux

On Jan 18, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Matias wrote:

> poczta@gbkonto.net wrote:
>
>> What is the essential difference
>> between FreeBSD and Linux (Fedora for instance)?
>> Where can I find any list of differences?
>> What/Where are the advantages of FreeBSD vs Linux?
>> Greetings
>> Greg

> Give a look at gentoo .... it's inspired by FreeBSD, and is linux as
> well.... the portage system works great... and as a personal opinion:
> Use
> gentoo for Home / Desktop / Office use.... use FreeBSD For
> web/ftp/file/
> etc.. Servers.....

What the heck? No one has mentioned how Plan 9 TROUNCES FreeBSD AND
Linux!  In EVERYTHING! I've installed it on my notebook, my home
server, three workstations, my Palm Pilot, telephone, coffeemaker, and
my GE Refrigerator's ice maker.  We had a power hiccup three days ago
and my house became sentient!