Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:30:08 +0100
From:      Ole =?iso-8859-1?Q?Vo=DF?= <ole@netrogue.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kdelibs3 configure script reports LibXext error

I'm trying to install the KDE3 which came with freeBSD 4.9 from ports.
Unfortunately the installation fails while installing the kdelibs3 with the
following error:

---------------------------------
checking for libXext... no
configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to kde@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3/work/kdelibs-3.2.0/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3.

But LibXext IS installed and 'ldconfig -r' does list it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ole.