Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:16:16 -0500
From:      Rod Person <rodperson@rodperson.com>
To:        ports FreeBSD <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USE_PYTHON distutils option causing error

Hi,

I'm trying to update a port a maintain to the latest version and having
this problem. The port is a python application and has the following in
the Makefile

USE_PYTHON= autoplist distutils

This causes the error at the bottom of my email. Some searching on the
internet suggest call setup.py with the egg option, but I'm not sure
how to do that via the Makefile or if that is the correct option.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

===>   py27-spyder-3.0.1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.7 -
found ===>   Generating temporary packing list
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
   or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: setup.py --help-commands
   or: setup.py cmd --help

error: option --single-version-externally-managed not recognized
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped

--
Rod

http://www.rodperson.com

He who knows himself to be one way and pretends it is another way is a
thief who robs his own soul.

  The Mahabharata
     Sakuntala 25