Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:10:31 -0800
From:      "Erik Stainsby" <stainsby@lets.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   reframe of DHCP question

If I am running a FBSD box as a DHCP'd dial-up workstation, where on this
box
might I be able to read the expiry time set when the licence was granted?

What I wish to do is use this value as a failsafe timeout on the remote ed
of a
temporary-VPN setup.  When the workstation dials in to the ISP, I would like
to read my IP and the expirarion time from this machine.   I will then
submit
these values to a daemon on my production server, which will establish my
VPN.

I know little about DHCP at this point, and less about it's implementation
on FBSD.
Pointers to manual materials/RFCs etc, appreciated.

Erik
stainsby@lets.net
stainsby@telus.net