Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:50:17 +0700
From:      Leonard Ong <Leonard_Ong@iname.com>
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
Subject:   Kernel Update

Dear Friends,

Unline friends in US, I can't connect to Internet all the time, and it's
expensive.  So in other words, in time when we are learning, we need to
reinstall all over again and again.  it wouldn't efficient if i have 2.2.6
kernel and cvs it to 2.2.7 ( Kernel only src-sys ).

Is there a way like in li*ux that we d/l the whole kernel sources than
untar/ungzip them to get the latest kernel ? instead of 'CVS' it ? That way
i never have to update to internet each time i reinstall my system.

The last questions is,  I want to use Fat32 and Vfat features available
only in 2.2.7, and i'm using 2.2.6. Should i update the kernel only or
should i update other part too ?

Thanks