Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:38:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Broken "at" ?

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> Nathan Ahlstrom wrote,

> > drwxr-xr-x   2 daemon  wheel  512 Feb 14 22:10 jobs
> > drwxr-xr-x   2 daemon  wheel  512 Feb 14 22:15 spool
> > portage%
> >
> > Mine are owned by the daemon user.
>
> I don't think that should matter, files are written to jobs as the
> invoking user which implies root privilege plus,

It seemed to do the trick, though.  As soon as I changed the directory
ownerships to daemon instead of root, it worked.  You're right that at is
setuid, but atrun is not (and I even tried setting it that way; didn't
help).  I guess atrun is written to run as "daemon", and since the
directories were owned by root, it couldn't get proper access to modify
files within those directories.

Thanks to both of you for the excellent help! :)