Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:35:28 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        Mark Phillips <mark@phillipsmarketing.biz>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What is the difference between FreeBSD and OpenBSD...

Mark Phillips wrote:

> What is the difference between FreeBSD and OpenBSD?

there are more similarities than differences.

> Which flavor of BSD is the most secure straight out of the box?

Security is a philosophy and a set of practices, not a feature.
The *BSDs offer a lot of security through finely granular control
and good design practices, but that puts the onus on the
administrator to make the right choices for the situation at hand.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

"But what we need to know is, do people want nasally-insertable
computers?"