Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:46:11 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Anton Berezin" <tobez@tobez.org>
Cc:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl malloc doesn't work in FreeBSD 7.x with xchat anymore.

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:55:55 -0500, Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org> wrot=
e:

  =

> with
>   phkmalloc and manifests itself on 7.x with jemalloc.

marcus thinks that it's possible that Perl malloc VS jemalloc issue. Why=
  =

blame on xchat if it works perfect with Perl built with  =

WITHOUT_PERL_MALLOC? Maybe it's me that I don't understand. ;-) Because,=
  =

if Perl has its own malloc then why would it gets mix up with jemalloc?

> I seem to have a rather vague recollection that something similar has
> happened with xchat before (some years ago).
>
> One more possibility is that xchat is threaded and Perl is not.

I doubt it, because it works in FreeBSD 6.x and WITHOUT_PERL_MALLOC in  =

FreeBSD 7.x.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Cheers,