Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:12:42 -0500
From:      "Raja Velu" <raja@micronetusa.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I don't find Net-SSLeay-0.14 in ports

Hi People,

I recently installed FreeBSD 4.6 on one of our boxes and now I am trying to
install the p5-Net-SSLeay package through FTP from the FreeBSD ports.
Unfortunately, I don't find it in there - under SECURITY or under PERL5. Any
idea why?

I tried installing the ports distribution from the CD and tried installing
the package from that (through sysinstall -> Filesystem). That didn't work
either - just comes back with an error saying that sysinstall was "unable to
install the package". I noticed that was no "files" directory under
/usr/ports/security/p5-Net-SSLeay-0.14. Could that have been the problem? If
so, could anyone tell me why my ports distribution is messed up? I
downloaded it from the web as an ISO image and burned a CD myself. That's
how I prepared the installation CD, which worked fine.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Raja