Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 11:20:07 -0500
From:      Alex Heiphetz <heiphetz@cvzoom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Limiting resources

Hi:

It's probably pretty common thing, but I can't find it.
I want to limit usage of resources (i.e. memory, CPU time) to
some processes run by users. I.e. I want to avoid cituation
when run-away CGI brings the whole server to the knees, therefore
I want to limit each CGI process (which on my box is run as
user httpd) to, say, 1 MB of memory and I want to kill it after
it has been run after, say, 10 sec, or 2 CPU sec. Possible?
I think it is, but I can't figure out how.

Thanks,
A.Heiphetz