Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:44:29 -0800
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internal vs External DNS (2 nameds)

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 12:36:50PM +0200, d e a t h wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 10:59:36PM +1300, Kit wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am wanting to run separte DNS for internal and external networks
> > I have a gateway running 3.3-STABLE and bind 8.1.2
> > I am considering running 2 copies of named on the one machine to=20
> > listen on different interfaces and supply DNS info to differing=20
>=20
> Good enough.  Take care in the configuration files of the two named's

Kit: you should really upgrade to a newer version of BIND - there are
lots of exploits available for your old version.  If you're running
-STABLE, then it should be easy to upgrade after CVSup'ing your ports
tree.

List at large: can't BIND do both his internal and external networks?=20
(i.e., run one copy of BIND for both networks).  If so, would the=20
information about his internal network still be private, or by adding
it to his DNS would he be divulging this information?

-Brent