Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:01:53 -0700
From:      "jdow" <jdow@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: i wish to buy your site

From: "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>

>> > Wow. Microsoft in a if you can't beat 'em buy 'em. From Bill
>> > himself....be scared...very scared!

>> No, guys. All of *you* who responded to this mail failed to realize that
>> this is a spam message, and that it is most probably just an alternative
>> scam to the nigerian stuff.
>
> No.  They all realized it.  That is why the responses were so silly -
> such as the one included above.    No-one took it seriously.   Of course
> it does serve to verify Email addresses for anyone who responds which
> is what the spammer wants.
>
> ////jerry

Jerry, if I ran a spam trap you can bet I'd have used that address to
reply. I'd also arrange to sound rather naive, foolish, and upset while
doing so. Of course, I could get a little dig in that people from
Ann Arbor would not be carrying on the way you are about it. But I'll
be nice and not post anything. Flames aren't worth it. (Of course, on
a Fedora group I might do differently.....)

{^_-}    Univ Mich 1967 1968.