Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:28:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        dyson@freebsd.org
Cc:        FREEBSD-SCSI-L <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Streamlogic RAID array benchmarks

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, John S. Dyson wrote:

> If you are running -current (I forgot to check), and since you have
> 64MBytes, the buffer cache will help even though it is overrun.  The
> buffer cache policy is NOT pure LRU, and you will see the effects of
> it on a 64MByte system even for a 100MByte benchmark.

    The tests were done on a 2.2-960801-SNAP system.  Regardless, it
doesn't hide the fact that the RAID had much lower throughput than the
single drive.  I going to try reformatting the RAID to level 0 and
seeing if not having parity makes a difference (although I might as
well save a few thousand dollars and just use ccd at that point).
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Senior Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.