Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 03:06:57 +0300
From:      "ANdrei" <lists@hausro.de>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB WiFi

need to buy a WiFi-adapter on USB... choices available so far are from =
Sweex, Edimax and Hercules. Compatibility with FreeBSD is important.

The Sweex is model LC100060, seems to have a Ralink RT2500 chip. On the =
Edimax there is no model on the box, it's a 54Mbps model and on the box =
they state they have support for Windows and Linux (mandrake, debian, =
suse etc, nothing written about FreeBSD). Hercules I can order, model =
unknown, 54Mbps. Prices are about the same, with the Edimax ~5euro =
cheaper, but that's not important.

Anybody has any experiences with any of the adapters from this company?  =
Driver support under FreeBSD, and known issues? would love to have =
WPA-PSK support on FreeBSD, or at least WEP 128bit working. Also =
hot-plugging a problem?

any help is greatly appreciated, and time presses me a bit. Have got =
quite some adapters for Wifi at home already (PCI, PCMCIA, CF etc) and =
had issues with some of them on FreeBSD. This is the first one on USB, =
want to get a safe buy :)

Oh, my first thought was to go for Edimax, the cheapest, because I don't =
need best quality, distance is only 3meters to the AP and no heavy =
traffic... if it's working on FreeBSD...

thanks alot,
ANdrei
http://students.oamk.fi/~t6ruan00/
------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down
to their level then beat you with experience...