Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:01:21 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Christer Solskogen <solskogen@carebears.mine.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: csup

Christer Solskogen wrote:
> I've been using csup for quite a while, but now something is wrong.
>
> [root@shine ~/update]# csup  -L2 supfile
> Parsing supfile "supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
> Connected to 129.241.103.69
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Updater failed: Protocol error
>
> using cvsup on the same file works perfectly. (csup on the same file
> worked last week)
>
> #supfile
> *default host=cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_0
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
>
> src-all
> src-all prefix=/files3/freebsd-6 tag=RELENG_6
> ports-all tag=.

I need you to give more information to discover what's going on.  Could
you make your status file for the first collection available somewhere?
It should be called /var/db/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_6_0.

It would also be useful to have you install the ngrep port, and run it
this way : ngrep -n -d<if> -A -Wbyline tcp and port cvsup

Of course, replace <if> by your interface and then run csup without
compression (either with -Z or by removing the "*default compress"
line).  Then send me the log that you got with ngrep.

Cheers,
Maxime