Date:      Wed, 25 May 2011 08:28:04 -0700
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        Steve Wills <steve@mouf.net>
Cc:        ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ruby 1.9 update patch

On 5/25/2011 4:54 AM, Steve Wills wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> I was attempting to do some run time testing of this and stumbled upon a
> strange issue. It seems that even without my patch (and with it too), if
> you do this:
>
> cd /usr/ports/databases/ruby-bdb
> env RUBY_VER=1.9 make install
>
> on a system without any ruby, it will install Ruby 1.9, then fail to
> install the databases/ruby-bdb port since there will not be a "rdoc"
> binary installed, but only "rdoc19". My patch doesn't make this worse,
> but it doesn't help it either. Should I try to solve this and if so how?
There is a pre-existing bug for this.  You should fould it in imho.
It might be assigned to me.  Feel free to take it.

IIRC it had a patch, but the patch wasn't quite right or didn't cover
all the cases which is why I hadn't got to it
Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.