Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:17:41 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, des@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: is fetch broken?

On 30 Jul 2000, at 11:10, andrew@ugh.net.au wrote:

> Are you using an HTTP proxy?

Yes, a transparent one imposed by my ISP.

> Have you tried the -b and/or -t options?

I was using -b, but that is deprecated.  So I stopped using it.  I see the
same symptoms for both options.  And -t is deprecated as well.

>  I get
> similar errors (and always have) if I don't use -b.

I never had a error such as:

fetch: DESCR?rev=1.2 appears to be truncated: 258/4294967295 bytes

But when not using -b, I sometimes received a message saying try -b or
-t.

Is it more than a coincidence that the last commit was proxy related?

"MFC: Sync with -CURRENT (most notably, fix resume and proxy
problems)"

--
Dan Langille  [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/