Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:40:54 +0100
From:      "E. Beckers" <intercom@tss.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1770 SCSI controller

Hi There,

I've just bought the Walnut Creek FreeBSD Lite 2.1.5-Release #1 cd-rom.
When I try to install freebsd it panics during the installation process
with the message:
PANIC ahc0: Illegal Host Access at seqaddr =0x0

This happens after/during the detection phase.
It seems to detect all my harddisks and cd-rom, but the ahc0 confuses
me because I have an Adaptec 1770 Controller instead of a AH2490

Can you tell me how to fix this problem?????

E. Beckers
Intercom@tss.nl