Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 1995 00:15:47 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        xiaoyin li <lix@cs.pdx.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD web server question

In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.950807153834.22149B-100000@cs.pdx.edu>, xiaoyin li wr
ites:
>It seems that our system does not have a crypt C library function, or
>it is not in right place?  Did anybody get this kind of problem before
>I appricate very much if you can let me know what is wrong there and
>how to fix it.

Use the ports mechanism... download
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/ports/net/cern_httpd.tar.gz, untar it,
cd into cern_httpd and type `make'... It'll automatically apply any
patches needed for FreeBSD operation and include any extra libs.

Gary

P.S. crypt() is in libcrypt for export reasons - it makes it easier to
     substitute a version of crypt which is legal to export from the
     USA...