Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:30:48 -0400
From:      "Zaphod Beeblebrox" <zbeeble@gmail.com>
To:        "Todor Dragnev" <todor.dragnev@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bridge.ko, sysctrl.conf and ifconfig_XXX_name, SCSI as a boot device

On 6/19/06, Todor Dragnev <todor.dragnev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I will use if_bridge from now.
>
> Anyone have ideas about second problem? Maybe I must remove  "device usb"
> from GENERIC config and recompile kernel ?

This really is an FAQ.  There are many ways.  You can use the
device.hintsfile to tie down where scsibus0 goes so that your SCSI
disks are probed
first.  You can dynamically load umass.ko when you're using it.  You can
also take advantage of geom_label.ko (if you create labels on your
filesystems (tunefs -L foo /dev/da0s1a, etc), then /dev/ufs/foo will
appear.  If you used almost any geom class, actually, the name of the disk
gets virtualized to some extent.