Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:29:39 +0100
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
To:        Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fuse problems

On 10/29/2012 07:46, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Florian,
>
> After updating fusefs-libs to 2.9.9 I fould serious problems with an
> NTFS file system. I am using the new fuse kernel code on 9-Stable on
> an amd64 system.

I don't think it is related to the fusefs-libs update to 2.9.2.

Can you please replace sysutils/fusefs-kmod with this version and revert
the fuse changes from your source tree?
http://people.freebsd.org/~flo/fusefs-kmod.tar.bz2

Reinstall fusefs-libs (2.9.1 or 2.9.2 shouldn't matter) and ntfs-3g, and
please try to copy something again. (after repairing the filesystem
obviously :))

Please also make sure that the old fuse.ko is gone from
/usr/local/modules, and make absolutely sure that you load the new
module. You should see

fuse-freebsd: version 0.4.4, FUSE ABI 7.8

in /var/log/messages.

I only have a "real" NTFS partition on a 10-current host, but with
fusefs-libs-2.9.2 and the in tree fuse code i was able to copy the
complete source tree to the NTFS partition without problems. So with my
new fusefs-kmod port it should work the same on 9.x. It does if I create
an md backed NTFS partition on a 9.x host and copy stuff over.

Thanks,
Florian