Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:30:31 -0700
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        sheldonh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   exim-devel port & GID

1 ) I've got the exim-devel port installed along with the mailman port.
The mailman port wants the MTA to be running with GID 26 (mailnull), and
exim runs with GID 6 (mail) as installed by the port.

Changing the group to "mailnull" in my virtual domain router fixes the
problem.  I'm curious if there is a good reason to run as group "mail"
over group "mailnull".  I think "mail" was probably chosen for
compatibility with cyrus-sasl, but I could be wrong.  Is there anything
wrong with doing redirection routing in exim using group "mailnull"
instead?

2) Is there reason you don't have "dsearch" enabled in the exim port?  I
know it is disabled by default in exim, but it can be very useful and
several sections of the exim docs refer to using it.

3) I'm a bit confused about the naming of the exim ports.  The ports
list on http://www.freebsd.org says there is "exim-4.05" and "exim-3.36"
but my up-to-date ports tree has "exim" and "exim-devel".  What's the
plan for naming?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards