Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 16:39:58 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   top: nlist failed on STABLE with a boot floppy

I have been trying to make a boot floppy for my 4.STABLE box from Aug
3rd.  I formatted the floppy, and I can boot from it, but when I run top, I get

top: nlist failed

Searching through the archives, the only references to it, deal with the
kernel being out of date with the rest of world.  On the boot floppy I created

newmail# cat boot.config
0:ad(0,a)/kernel
newmail#

and did a cp -pR /boot to the floppy.

Like I said, it all boots fine, and uname -a gives the same kernel
info/version as booting without it.  I am still searching through the
mailinglist/newsgroup archives for the definitive guide on making a boot
floppy but have yet to find the exact reference on what I am missing.  Can
anyone correct my pilot error or point me in the right direction as to what
I need to do to make a boot floppy ?  I am trying to work around the fact
that my BIOS will not let me which 'scsi' device I want to boot with.  It
always defaults to the 3ware RAID controller and not my Adaptect 2940.

Thanks,

	---Mike