Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wolf <mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/43394: New port yptransitd, an nss_ldap replacement.

The following reply was made to PR ports/43394; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: wolf <mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx>
To: Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:31:38 -0400

 --------------060700050603040006090600

 Adam Weinberger wrote:

 >mostly semantics:
 >you don't need to include bsd.pre.port.mk and then bsd.post.port.mk. you
 >can just include bsd.port.mk in one piece.
 >
 >there's no need to define DISTNAME to the same thing it is by default.
 >same with PORTREVISION. defining it to 0 is redundant. remove both of
 >those definitions.
 >
 >you submitted an empty file/ directory. did you mean for something to be
 >in there? if not, the directory is unecessar

 Ok, I have worked on fixing up the Makefile and removed the empty
 directory.

 >you don't remove any of the directories your port creates, in the
 >pkg-plist. please read the porter's handbook for instructions on how to
 >do this.

 Added to pkg-list

 >i'm confused. does this program just open random ports? every time i
 >run it, when i nmap myself at various times, i've seen already 4
 >different ports open on my machine, but never at the same time. also,
 >does this port work for you? it won't connect to any ldap2 host to which
 >i set it.

 I have no problems binding with the LDAP server or yptransitd server.
 -----------
 bash-2.05a# domainname MYNISDOMAIN
 bash-2.05a# ypbind
 bash-2.05a# ypcat passwd
 bash-2.05a# ypwhich
 ip-34.internal
 --------------------
 I am attaching my test etc/openldap/slapd.conf,
 etc/yptransitd/yptransitd.conf, and etc/yptransitd/ldap.conf

 I am trying to get the import tools from padl to work with my flat
 files, it helps to actually have data in the thing.
 But I keep getting parent doesn't exist from the ldap database (sample
 run below).

 -------------
 bash-2.05a# sh migrate_all_online.sh
 Enter the X.500 naming context you wish to import into: [dc=padl,dc=com]
 dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx
 Enter the name of your LDAP server [ldap]: localhost
 Enter the manager DN: [cn=manager,dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx]:
 Enter the credentials to bind with:
 Do you wish to generate a DUAConfigProfile [yes|no]? no

 Importing into dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx...

 Creating naming context entries...
 Migrating aliases...
 Migrating groups...
 Migrating hosts...
 Migrating networks...
 Migrating users...
 Migrating protocols...
 Migrating rpcs...
 Migrating services...
 Migrating netgroups...
 Migrating netgroups (by user)...
 Migrating netgroups (by host)...
 Importing into LDAP...
 adding new entry "ou=Mounts,dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx"
 ldap_add: No such object
         additional info: parent does not exist

 ldif_record() = 32
 /usr/local/bin/ldapadd: returned non-zero exit status
 ---------------

 >clean up the port a little, verify its accuracy, and people will
 >probably be more receptive to committing it.
 >
 >-Adam

 More feedback welcome.

 --------------060700050603040006090600

 host localhost
 # Use to change the LDAP port used. 389 is used by default.
 #port 389
 basedn dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=xc
 binddn cn=manager,dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx
 password wolf359
 # Size of cache in K. 0 for no caching.
 cache 0

 --------------060700050603040006090600

 # $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/slapd.conf,v 1.8.8.7 2001/09/27 20:00:31 kurt Exp $
 #
 # See slapd.conf(5) for details on configuration options.
 # This file should NOT be world readable.
 #
 include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

 #needed for yptransitd
 include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
 include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
 schemacheck     off

 # Define global ACLs to disable default read access.

 # Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
 # service AND an understanding of referrals.
 #referral	ldap://root.openldap.org

 pidfile		/var/run/slapd.pid
 argsfile	/var/run/slapd.args

 # Load dynamic backend modules:
 # modulepath	/usr/local/libexec/openldap
 # moduleload	back_ldap.la
 # moduleload	back_ldbm.la
 # moduleload	back_passwd.la
 # moduleload	back_shell.la

 #
 # Sample Access Control
 #	Allow read access of root DSE
 #	Allow self write access
 #	Allow authenticated users read access
 #	Allow anonymous users to authenticate
 #
 access to dn="" by * read
 access to *
 	by self write
 	by users read
 	by anonymous auth
 #
 # if no access controls are present, the default is:
 #	Allow read by all
 #
 # rootdn can always write!

 # ldbm database definitions

 database	ldbm
 suffix		"dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx"
 #suffix		"o=My Organization Name,c=US"
 rootdn		"cn=Manager,dc=wolf,dc=dyns,dc=cx"
 #rootdn		"cn=Manager,o=My Organization Name,c=US"
 # Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
 # be avoid.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
 # Use of strong authentication encouraged.
 rootpw		wolf359
 # The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
 # should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
 directory	/var/db/openldap-ldbm
 # Indices to maintain
 index	objectClass	eq

 --------------060700050603040006090600

 # NIS domain to service
 domain MYNISDOMAIN
 # Name of the NIS master. This could be another yptransitd host, or the hostname of the current host
 nismaster localhost
 # List of maps to support. Make sure you have a module that supports all maps you list here
 maps auto.home auto_home amd.home passwd.byname passwd.byuid group.byname group.bygid
 # List of modules to load
 modules /usr/local/etc/yptransitd/modules/ldap.so