Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:04:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike <spork@ix.netcom.com>
To:        fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ZIP drive detection

I am running 3.0-RELEASE with ppbus enabled. My paralell port is detected,
my printer is detected, but the Zip drive sitting between the computer and
the printer is not. The drive has a disk in it, and is powered on.

dmesg reports:

ppc: parallel port found at 0x378
ppc0 at 0x378 irq 7 on isa
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0
nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port

But no Zip. I have:

controller      vp0     at ppbus?

How do I get my Zip drive detected? Thank you.

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.