Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 12:56:17 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, walton@nordicdms.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au
Subject:   Re: fdisk slice oddities

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 06:57:41PM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

> Dedicated mode.  It's not only  not dangerous, it's safer than
> non-dedicated mode.

I don't think so, at least after my last -stable installation.
Interesting, what Mike Smith says about dedicated mode:

msmith> "Dangerously dedicated" should probably be called "stupidly dedicated".
msmith> It is almost never a better idea to use this mode than the "normal"
msmith> mode.

--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank