Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:32:03 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Hans Huebner <hans@artcom.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD:  Transparent ftp proxy

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 02:20:11PM +0200, Hans Huebner wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> does anyone here know of a transparent ftp proxy for FreeBSD?  My users
> keep pestering me about being unable to use 'active' ftp with our current
> FreeBSD/natd configuration, and pointing me at Linux which has a
> transparent ftp proxy built into the kernel (yuk).  I keep telling them
> that they should use passive ftp and that active ftp stinks anyway, but
> somehow I'm unable to convince them.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

Natd utilizes libalias - Packet Aliasing Library.

This library has special support for FTP data connections.
To make it work you SHOULD set the ``use_sockets'' option to ``yes''.
Please see natd(8) and libalias(3) for details on how FTP support works.

Regards,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank