Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2017 18:03:36 +0100
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>, FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: best way to maintain local ports tree changes

--VU8m9mdwLSQhwLRT6LU13QFQnMpKhPV93
From: Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>,
 FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>

--dFHOvHgev2oUFJCGmj9sxOodDGttXlR31

Le 07/11/2017 =C3=A0 16:54, Miroslav Lachman a =C3=A9crit=C2=A0:
> What is the best way to maintain local ports tree changes?
>
> I am building packages in poudriere, 4 different sets for 2 archs (8
> sets in total).
>
> I have some local ports and some changes to official ports. Now we are
> planing to do some small changes in ports/Mk too.

I would advise against patching the framework directly, most things are
configurable, what problems do you have with ports/Mk ?
Are you aware of the Mk/bsd.local.mk file that is there to allow you to
not change the other files ?
As for the ports, you can also add a Makefile.local that will be parsed
after the main Makefile, it may help you depending on what you change in
existing ports.