Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:35:08 -0500
From:      "graphics" <lart@mfn.org>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ATA66 troubles under 4.0R vs 3.4

Hello,

    After seeing uncountable sudden "drive deaths"
on *brand new* drives, we did a little digging (thank
god for the archives!) and have noted the many similar
tales of woe...  Now, since 3.4 reportedly does not suffer
from these troubles, we are going to go back down to 3.4,
however, we would like the transition to be as painless as
humanly possible, so: Can we simply do an overlay of
3.4 onto a 4.0 system?

Also, is it known whether 4.1 has fixed the 4.0 ATA66
problems?  How about 5-stable?

Thanks in advance!
(P.S. we are not subscribed, so please include us directly in
any replies.  Thanks again!)