Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:16:26 +0400
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
To:        Glenn Thomas <windsok@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strange pppoe/adsl issues

  Glenn,

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:44:15PM +1000, Glenn Thomas wrote:
G> In any case, i am now quite sure that the problem is at the ISP end,
G> and have got them to look into it, hopefully they can find a solution,
G> but it still leaves me very confused, has anyone got any clues on what
G> might be causing the problem?

Even if the problem is on your ISP end, we should investigate it and
find at least a workaround for you.
Can you provide me with full tcpdumps of PPPoE session under problem?
Use tcpdump -w dumpfile -npi fxp0, where fxp0 is your network card.

Problematic part of ppp.log should be helpful, too.

Are you using ppp(8)? If you do can you try mpd from ports? In opposite
case can you try ppp(8)? :)

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE