Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:33:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To:        Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil
Cc:        ekips@whack.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrom

> You don't have to mount audio cdroms.  In fact, you can't because the data
> is formatted differently on audio cds than it is on data cds.

I believe that a couple of people are confused about this issue because
the Windows cdrom driver seems to map audio tracks into the file system
hierarchy. E.g. they see something like

    track01.cda
    track02.cda
    ..

when they insert an audio CD.

This became obvious to me when I got a question form someone if it
is possible to play audio tracks from a JAVA program.

Regards,
Marc