Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:36:17 +0000
From:      Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10.2 zfs-on-root will not boot after an unclean reboot

On 22/02/2017 18:53, Ricky Huang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Server got power-cycled by the datacenter (accident) and now it won't boot.  Previous “clear" reboots have always been fine.
>
> It's a ZFS-on-root setup installed via FreeBSD installer and it's now displaying:
>
>> FreeBSD/x86 boot
>> ZFS: I/O error - blocks larger than 128K are not supported
>> ZFS: can't find dataset u
>>
> Any suggestions on where I can begin to diagnose this issue?
>
> Note: I have infrequent access to the server, so please "batch" the suggestions so I can try them when I make my way into the d.c.

Given the "blocks larger than 128k are not supported" message it sounds
like you enabled large block support on your root pool, which is not
supported. If this is the case then your only option is to boot from a
rescue disk and transfer the data off.

Note if this the case, its not the unclean reboot that caused the issue
its the large block size, which would have happened even with a clean
reboot.

     Regards
     Steve