Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:54:24 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-print@bostonradio.org
Cc:        freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lpr/ ctlinfo, second cut of new routine

At 8:49 PM -0400 6/27/01, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>The following patch would add a new source file to lpr/common_source,
>called ctlinfo.c.  While I have several plans for ctlinfo.c, this
>first cut just replaces calls to link & unlink in lpd/recvjob.c
>with a call to a new routine which does a whole bunch of work.
>
>The basic goal here is to sanity and safety-check all the lines in
>an incoming 'control file' ("cf*") for jobs coming into lpd from
>remote hosts.

I have what I hope to be the final version of the patch available at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~gad/lpr/ctlinfo.diff
or
ftp://freefour.acs.rpi.edu/pub/bsdlpr/ctlinfo.diff

This is tested on i386, and compiles fine on alpha.  I've made a
number of improvements from my previous patch, based on a few
days of testing on other platforms here at RPI.  This will be
going into production at RPI this week (Thursday morning, if I
get up early enough...).  I've done a fair amount of checking at
this point, so I expect this is pretty much ready to go.

Assuming I don't get into any surprises when I put this in
production at RPI, I hope to commit this to current sometime next
weekend (the 14th or so).  MFC to stable a few weeks later.

The patch is just under 1000 lines (almost all of which is in the
new ctlinfo.c file), so I thought it was a bit too much to include
in this message.